use their time wisely. They have no idea how to be productive working from home.
Usually, they waste 90% of their day researching, checking emails, surfing Facebook, reading the news, browsing Twitter, connecting on LinkedIn and so on...
Although they think they’re working the whole day, in reality, they’re not getting any closer to their goals.
In my opinion, an unproductive use of time is another crucial reason why 99% of all people fail in the online world.
That’s why I though I’d bring you some of my wining productivity tips. They may not work for you so well, but my work capacity increased 300% since I started using them.
Just think about it for a second. What if you could improve your productivity by 300%? It would be like cloning yourself trice.
So take these tips seriously. Please don’t think about them as „self help BS” (as I used to).
Applied wisely, they can help you succeed years sooner and for thousands of dollars cheaper.
Productivity Tip 1 - Don’t check your emails (or stats) every hour
This was the biggest mistake I ever made. I used to check my emails and website statistics literally 30 or even 40 times a day.
Like most people, whenever I turned on the computer, I went to Gmail to see whether there was anything new in my inbox or to Google Analytics to see my visitors, rankings etc...
Usually, there wasn’t anything important. However, it was just enough distraction to waste hours of my precious time.
Since you’re probably walking in the same shoes (I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t dealing with this problem) I thought I’d let you know the solution I found.
I made a rule to check my email and only once a day, strictly after 22:00. Before that, I don’t have access to my account. No matter what happens, I keep myself from checking it.
Also, I made a rule to check my statistics only once a week, on Saturday evening.
This tip alone has saved me more than 200 hours already. If every hour of my time is worth a hundred bucks, I’ve already saved $20.000 thanks to this tip alone.
Is that amount enough to inspire you?
Productivity Tip 2 - Turn Facebook Off
Although I’ve never been logged in to Facebook 24/7, I know many people use it like that.
Let me warn you, you’re wasting your time.
Facebook is much like your email account, only a lot worse. Whenever you sing in, you’re guaranteed to check out the latest posts on your wall. Before you know it, you wasted an hour doing nothing.
Again, I promised myself not to go to Facebook before 22:00 on any day (including weekends).
Which is more important? Browsing silly updates and posts or working on your future and independence?
This proved to be another extremely helpful tip in my experience.
Productivity Tip 3 - Use Your Computer Only When You Work
This is a huge tip. Unfortunately, it’s quite hard to master, but it’s worth it, I promise.
Unlike a few years ago, nowadays I only turn on my computer when I know exactly what I’m planning to do. I never use it just for the sake of it, or just as a habit.
If I don’t have anything to work on, I forget about it all together. I go and spend time doing something completely different, usually outdoors. I don’t even watch YouTube videos or movies on it anymore.
The only time I allow myself to use my PC even for entertainment is - you guessed it - after 22:00 every day, including weekends.
Not only will this tip save you dozens of hours in the future, it will also massively improve your quality of life. You’ll no longer be a computer “addict”.
It worked for me surprisingly well.
Productivity Tip 4 - Use a Private and a Business Computer
If "Tip 3" is too hard for you to keep, I suggest you get another computer to solve the problem.
If you have both your personal and work related stuff on the same PC, it can be extremely hard to differentiate the working hours from relaxing hours.
However, if you have a computer you only use for work, and another one that’s only for your private life (watching family photos, booking hotel rooms and so on), it’s a lot easier to stop yourself from
1, wasting work-time when you’re not supposed to or 2, ruining your life because of working too much.
Getting a separate computer lets you track your daily routine lot more easily.
Productivity Tip 5 - Take Physical Exercises
As strange as it seems, doing exercises (ex.: a few push-ups or going for a walk) can give you huge efficiency boosts. It's a great way to stay in shape and learn how to be productive.
It’s also a great way to let out the steam and clear your head from time to time. After exercising, you’ll be able to return to your desktop with a clearer mind, more prepared and ready to tackle the next tasks.
As you can see, not only is it a lot healthier if you do a little training every week, it will also help you improve the quality of your work.
Productivity Tip 6 - Take Occasional Rests
Don’t stress yourself out. It won’t do any good if you force yourself to work all day long.
There’s nothing wrong with taking 15 or even 30 minute rests every other hour.
Remember, you’re not a slave to yourself. Make sure you’re relaxed and fresh throughout the day. Your productivity (and your work quality) will thank you for it several times.
Productivity Tip 7 - Treat it as a Normal Job
Although working from home has its own beauty, don’t take it any less seriously than a 9 to 5 job.
Do get up early in the morning (possibly before 9 am), have breakfast and take a shower. Also, if there’s one way, don’t work in your PJs.
Just because you’re working from home you don’t have to act like it’s not a real job. You are working and your job is very serious.
In fact, I’d be quite offended if you treated my advice as some low-class, zero-priority information. I take working online very seriously and I want you to do so as well (for your own benefits).
With this correct mindset in place, you’ll find it a lot easier to do a great job, meet your deadlines and reach your goals consistently.
My Advice on How to Be Productive in General
Usually, they waste 90% of their day researching, checking emails, surfing Facebook, reading the news, browsing Twitter, connecting on LinkedIn and so on...
Although they think they’re working the whole day, in reality, they’re not getting any closer to their goals.
In my opinion, an unproductive use of time is another crucial reason why 99% of all people fail in the online world.
That’s why I though I’d bring you some of my wining productivity tips. They may not work for you so well, but my work capacity increased 300% since I started using them.
Just think about it for a second. What if you could improve your productivity by 300%? It would be like cloning yourself trice.
So take these tips seriously. Please don’t think about them as „self help BS” (as I used to).
Applied wisely, they can help you succeed years sooner and for thousands of dollars cheaper.
Productivity Tip 1 - Don’t check your emails (or stats) every hour
This was the biggest mistake I ever made. I used to check my emails and website statistics literally 30 or even 40 times a day.
Like most people, whenever I turned on the computer, I went to Gmail to see whether there was anything new in my inbox or to Google Analytics to see my visitors, rankings etc...
Usually, there wasn’t anything important. However, it was just enough distraction to waste hours of my precious time.
Since you’re probably walking in the same shoes (I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t dealing with this problem) I thought I’d let you know the solution I found.
I made a rule to check my email and only once a day, strictly after 22:00. Before that, I don’t have access to my account. No matter what happens, I keep myself from checking it.
Also, I made a rule to check my statistics only once a week, on Saturday evening.
This tip alone has saved me more than 200 hours already. If every hour of my time is worth a hundred bucks, I’ve already saved $20.000 thanks to this tip alone.
Is that amount enough to inspire you?
Productivity Tip 2 - Turn Facebook Off
Although I’ve never been logged in to Facebook 24/7, I know many people use it like that.
Let me warn you, you’re wasting your time.
Facebook is much like your email account, only a lot worse. Whenever you sing in, you’re guaranteed to check out the latest posts on your wall. Before you know it, you wasted an hour doing nothing.
Again, I promised myself not to go to Facebook before 22:00 on any day (including weekends).
Which is more important? Browsing silly updates and posts or working on your future and independence?
This proved to be another extremely helpful tip in my experience.
Productivity Tip 3 - Use Your Computer Only When You Work
This is a huge tip. Unfortunately, it’s quite hard to master, but it’s worth it, I promise.
Unlike a few years ago, nowadays I only turn on my computer when I know exactly what I’m planning to do. I never use it just for the sake of it, or just as a habit.
If I don’t have anything to work on, I forget about it all together. I go and spend time doing something completely different, usually outdoors. I don’t even watch YouTube videos or movies on it anymore.
The only time I allow myself to use my PC even for entertainment is - you guessed it - after 22:00 every day, including weekends.
Not only will this tip save you dozens of hours in the future, it will also massively improve your quality of life. You’ll no longer be a computer “addict”.
It worked for me surprisingly well.
Productivity Tip 4 - Use a Private and a Business Computer
If "Tip 3" is too hard for you to keep, I suggest you get another computer to solve the problem.
If you have both your personal and work related stuff on the same PC, it can be extremely hard to differentiate the working hours from relaxing hours.
However, if you have a computer you only use for work, and another one that’s only for your private life (watching family photos, booking hotel rooms and so on), it’s a lot easier to stop yourself from
1, wasting work-time when you’re not supposed to or 2, ruining your life because of working too much.
Getting a separate computer lets you track your daily routine lot more easily.
Productivity Tip 5 - Take Physical Exercises
As strange as it seems, doing exercises (ex.: a few push-ups or going for a walk) can give you huge efficiency boosts. It's a great way to stay in shape and learn how to be productive.
It’s also a great way to let out the steam and clear your head from time to time. After exercising, you’ll be able to return to your desktop with a clearer mind, more prepared and ready to tackle the next tasks.
As you can see, not only is it a lot healthier if you do a little training every week, it will also help you improve the quality of your work.
Productivity Tip 6 - Take Occasional Rests
Don’t stress yourself out. It won’t do any good if you force yourself to work all day long.
There’s nothing wrong with taking 15 or even 30 minute rests every other hour.
Remember, you’re not a slave to yourself. Make sure you’re relaxed and fresh throughout the day. Your productivity (and your work quality) will thank you for it several times.
Productivity Tip 7 - Treat it as a Normal Job
Although working from home has its own beauty, don’t take it any less seriously than a 9 to 5 job.
Do get up early in the morning (possibly before 9 am), have breakfast and take a shower. Also, if there’s one way, don’t work in your PJs.
Just because you’re working from home you don’t have to act like it’s not a real job. You are working and your job is very serious.
In fact, I’d be quite offended if you treated my advice as some low-class, zero-priority information. I take working online very seriously and I want you to do so as well (for your own benefits).
With this correct mindset in place, you’ll find it a lot easier to do a great job, meet your deadlines and reach your goals consistently.
My Advice on How to Be Productive in General
- Make sure you try at least some of these productivity tips to see how they’re working for you. I can’t guarantee specific results, but there’s a high chance you’ll do 200% or even 300% more work every day by using them.
- Don’t think you’re limited to these tips alone. With a little tweaking, you can come up with a unique way that’s working exclusively for you. Remember, it’s your success at stake. Do your own experiments.



No comments:
Post a Comment